The Big Ideas Issue - Education Guide
Reservation Deadline: August 28, 2017
Materials Deadline: September 4, 2017
Cover Date: September 18, 2017
In our annual Big Ideas issue, the editors of High Country News dive deep into the biggest ideas defining the modern American West, analyzing what it means to live in a diverse, unique region with a complex history and exciting future. The issue features a specially produced section with advertising highlighting programs and companies leading the way. Who is evolving to meet the needs and mold the future of our changing region? Who are the innovators? What programs and companies are breaking new ground?
Features: special Education Marketplace advertising section.
Wondering if it pays to advertise? Check out what Michelle, a Jr. High School teacher in Utah, did with a previous issue:
"I was wondering if I could purchase two more copies...I want to create a collage of sorts with the colorful ads in the Education Marketplace to put up in my room for my students to see just what is out there for them. Pass it on to the counseling center when I’m done with it. They are 9th graders, but it is an Honors Biology class so many of them are highly motivated (or at least their parents are ! :-) and are already thinking about college. I had no idea there was so much out there for them, so I doubt they did either."
- 120,000 policy-makers, educators, students, public land managers, environmental professionals, outdoor enthusiasts and others who care deeply about the future of this unique region.
- Affluent, highly educated, environmentally and socially conscious educators and those looking for continuing education.
- Bonus distribution to over 8,000 students in our HCNU classroom program. Want to join the classroom program?
- Basic Listings starting at $30
- Display Ads starting at $98 (includes 30$ credit towards Basic Listing)
- Academic institutions (undergraduate, graduate and law programs)
- Innovative & non-traditional educational programs
- Conservation groups
- Educational conferences and events
- Environmental journalists and writing programs
- Environmental law firms
- Land planners
- Remediation specialists
- Sustainability companies
- Think tanks
- Others leading the way