Through publishing diverse perspectives on Western environmental and social issues, including stories often ignored by the cultural majority, we hope to inspire our readers to expand their own outlooks while attracting and engaging a broader public.
To find out more about how you can support High Country News’ independent journalism, visit our Donate Now page.
- Meg Scherch-Peterson on Illegal bike trails and a Forest Service crackdown divide a town
- Edward Williams on When poisoning is the solution
- Jeff Zapko on Climate showdown on the Willamette in Oregon
- Jim Brandau on When poisoning is the solution
- Michael Weeks on Deaths renew calls for national parks to rescind BASE jumping bans