Donor Sweepstakes Official Rules
High County News 40th Anniversary Sweepstakes
OFFICIAL RULES AND REGULATIONS
1) FUNDRAISING SWEEPSTAKES ELIGIBILITY: Individual entrants must be a legal resident of one of the 50 United States or the District of Columbia, and at least 18 years old at time of entry to be eligible. Only donors who give with U.S. mailing/billing addresses are eligible to win Sweepstakes prizes.
Employees of High County News (“HCN”), its Board of Directors, prize suppliers, advertising and promotion agencies, and the immediate family members (spouses, parents, children and siblings, and their respective spouses) or individuals living in the households of the above are not eligible to enter.
2) PROGRAM DESCRIPTION: The High Country News 40th Anniversary Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) begins at 12:00 a.m. (Mountain Time) on April 1, 2010, and ends at 11:59 p.m. (Mountain Time) on June 1, 2010.
3) HOW TO ENTER: There are two ways to enter the Sweepstakes:
a) An entrant may make a one-time cash contribution in the amount of $150, up to $499, to qualify for the chance to win one prize offered for that giving level. Such contributions may be made by credit card on the High Country News Web site: https://www.hcn.org/support; in person at a 40x40 FUNdraising party; or via the United States Postal Service, by submitting complete credit card payment information, or a check payable to: High Country News Research Fund, P.O. Box 1090, Paonia, CO 81428.
b) An entrant may make a one-time cash contribution in the amount of $500 (or greater) to qualify for the chance to win one prize offered for that giving level. Such contributions may be made by credit card on the High Country News Web site: https://www.hcn.org/support; in person at a 40x40 FUNdraising party; or via the United States Postal Service, by submitting complete credit card payment information, or a check payable to: High Country News Research Fund, P.O. Box 1090, Paonia, CO 81428.
Mailed contributions or entries must be postmarked no later than June 1, 2010 and received by June 5, 2010. HCN assumes no responsibility for entries that are lost, late, misdirected, incorrect, garbled or incompletely received for any reason or for any computer, online, telephone, or human error or technical malfunctions that may occur.
4) WINNER SELECTION: One potential winner for each prize from the two giving levels ($150 - $499; $500 and greater) will be selected in a random drawing to be conducted on or about June 7, 2010. Winners will be notified by e-mail and/or telephone. If potential winner is unreachable after five (5) business days, if a winner is unavailable for prize fulfillment, or if a winner declines to accept a Sweepstakes prize, an alternate winner may be selected at random from all remaining eligible entries received. All decisions of the judges are final and binding in all respects. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
5) PRIZES: Only one prize possible per winner in the Sweepstakes. A complete listing of Sweepstakes prizes may be viewed at: http://www.hcn.org/40years/sponsors/sweepstakes-prizes
6) GENERAL CONDITIONS: Entrants agree to be bound by the terms of these official rules. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. By entering, participants release and hold harmless High Country News, its partners, and each of their directors, board members, employees, independent contractors, representatives, agents, or advertising and promotion agencies (collectively, "Releasees") from any and all liability or any injuries, loss or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with this or acceptance or use of any prize won. Entrants agree that the laws of the state of Colorado will govern any and all disputes. Releasees are not responsible for printing or typographical errors in any Sweepstakes related materials. Prize is nontransferable and must be accepted as awarded. No cash or other substitution may be made. All income and other taxes, fees and surcharges on prizes are the sole responsibility of winner. High Country News reserves the right, at its discretion, to substitute a prize (or portion thereof) of comparable or greater value.
7) INTERNET: If for any reason this Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of High Country News which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, High County News reserves the right at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes. High County News assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries. High County News is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or telephone lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or entry to be received by High County News on account of technical problems, human error or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any Web site, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to participant's or any other person's computer relating to or resulting from participation in this Sweepstakes or downloading any materials in this Sweepstakes.
If you have questions about the above-stated rules and regulations, please contact the Development Department via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 970-527-4898. We pledge to do our best to make this fair and accessible to all who want to participate. Thank you for your support!